The Aerospace Department Library provides the following services:
- Reference and Guidance Services
- Interlibrary Loan and Document Supply
- Order & Recommend New Books
- Print , Copy, and Scanning Services
- Equipment Lending
- Off Campus Access
Academic staff, advanced degree students, undergraduates, employees, and external users who are registered in the library system, are entitled to borrow books by presenting their library card.
- Text books – 2 weeks – green Label
- Research books – 4 weeks – no Label
- Reserved books – over night – yellow Label
- Reference books – not for loan – red Label
- Dictionaries – same day – red Label
Book loan periods are automatically extended unless requested by another reader. In this case, a notification email is sent to the borrower and book needs to be returned on the specified day. Please return books on the due date!
Ordering books from the catalog: It is possible to order books which are already on loan and also books which are free on the shelves. A loan notice email is sent to the reader upon the book’s arrival and it is kept at the circulation desk for three working days.
Reference and Guidance Services
The librarians help locating library materials and guide readers in using library resources in a most efficient and scholarly manner. They assist in subject search and complex questions. Our library provides personal guidance of the library information resources throughout the year. To schedule a consultation meeting please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com . New students are invited to attend a basic library orientation workshop held at the beginning of each semester. The central library conducts group guidance for graduate students a few times during the year. An e-mail notification about guidance is sent to the students.
Interlibrary Loan and Document Supply
The interlibrary loan department supplies photocopies of articles, reports, theses and book loans from other libraries both in Israel and abroad. This requires a fee. Academic staff is entitled to order articles and books using their research budget. Students must contact the interlibrary deptartment at the central library by phone (04-829-2509).
Interlibrary loan and document supply policies and price lists:
Journal article interlibrary loan request
Book interlibrary loan request
Order & Recommend New Books
Academic staff members may order books using their research budgets. All readers are also invited to recommend new books and other resources to the library. Please send requests by e-mail or by completing the appropriate forms.
Purchase a book
Recommend a book
Print , Copy, and Scanning Services
- Print – A printer connected to the library computers is available at the computer workstations (pay by rechargeable card or credit card).
- Copy – A copy machine is located on the ground floor at the library (pay by rechargeable card or credit card).
- Scan – A self-service scanner is linked to a workstation at the library (use is free).
Special Scanning Services:
Academic staff members are entitled to obtain from the central library scanned articles of printed materials available at the aerospace and Technion libraries.
The library offers lending of the following equipment:
- Hand Calculators
Off Campus Access
This link provides information for off campus access to all Technion library services.