Prof. Jacob (Yaacov) Cohen
1980 B.Sc. Tel Aviv University
1982 M.Sc. Tel Aviv University
1986 Ph.D. University of Arizona
1986-1988 Bantrell Postdoctoral Fellow, MIT
1988-1989 Lady Davis Post-Doctoral Fellow Technion
Since 1989 Faculty member at Technion
Experimental and theoretical fluid mechanics with emphasis on transitional and fully turbulent flows, hydrodynamic and thermodynamic instabilities, vortex flows, hemodynamics.
- Cohen, J., Wygnanski, I., “The Evolution of Instabilities in the Axisymmetric Jet, Part I: The Linear Growth of Disturbances near the Nozzle”, J. Fluid, Mech., Vol. 176, 1987, pp. 191-219.
- Cohen, J., Wygnanski, I., “The Evolution of Instabilities in the Axisymmetric Jet, Part II: The Flow Resulting from the Interaction Between Two Waves”, J. Fluid Mech., Vol. 176, 1987, pp. 221-235.
- Cohen, J., Breuer, K., Haritonidis, H.J., “On the Evolution of a Wave-Packet in a Laminar Boundary Layer”, J. Fluid Mech., Vol. 225, 1991, pp. 575-606.
- Cohen, J., “The Initial Evolution of a Wave-Packet in a Laminar Boundary Layer”, Phys. Fluids, 6 (3), 1994, pp. 1133-1143.
- Suponitsky, V., Cohen, J. and Bar-Yoseph, P., “The Generation of Streaks and Hairpin Vortices from a Localized Vortex Embedded in Unbounded Uniform Shear Flow”, J. Fluid Mech., Vol. 535, 2005, pp. 65-100.
- Svizher, A. and Cohen, J., “HPIV Measurements of Hairpin Vortices in a Subcritical Air Channel Flow”, Phys Fluids, Vol. 18, 014105, 2006 (14 pages).
- Mourtazin, D. and Cohen, J., “The Effect of Buoyancy on Vortex Breakdown in a Swirling Jet “, J. Fluid Mech., Vol. 571, 2007, pp. 177-189.
- Ben-Dov, G and Cohen, J., “On the ‘Critical’ Reynolds Number for ‘Natural’ Transition to Turbulence in Pipe Flows”, Physical Review Letters, Vol. 98, 064503, (February) 2007.
- Phillip, J., Svizher, A and Cohen, J., “Scaling Law for Subcritical Transition in Plane Poiseuille Flow”, Physical Review Letters, Vol. 98, 154502, (April) 2007.
- Cohen, J., Karp, M. and Mehta, V., “A minimal flow-elements model for the generation of packets of hairpin vortices in shear flows“, J. Fluid Mech., Vol. 747, 2014, pp. 30-43.
- Karp, M., and Cohen, J., “Tracking stages of transition in Couette Flow analytically“, J. Fluid Mech., Vol. 748, 2014, pp. 896-931.