Lady Davis 746
B.Sc., MA, and Ph.D., all in Aerospace Engineering, Technion (1992, 1998, and 2001, respectively). MBA, Tel-Aviv University (1997). Research/System Engineer, Air-to-Air Directorate, RAFAEL, 2000-2004. National Research Council Research Associate at the US Air Force Research Labs, Wright-Patterson AFB, 2004-2006. At the Technion since 2006.
Director and founder of the Cooperative Autonomous SYstems (CASY) Lab.
Guidance of vehicles, especially missiles and unmanned aircraft, operating individually or as a team. Specific interests are:
- Geometrical guidance
- Cooperative guidance
- Guidance and control of cooperating autonomous aerial, ground, and sea vehicles
- Intertwined guidance, estimation, and flight control.
Head of the Cooperative Autonomous SYstems (CASY) laboratory.
- Shima, T., “Capture Conditions in a Pursuit-Evasion Game between Players with Biproper Dynamics”, Journal of Optimization: Theory and Applications, Vol. 126, No. 3, 2005, pp. 503-528.
- Shima, T., Rasmussen, S., Sparks, A., and Passino, K. M., “Multiple Task Assignments for Cooperating Uninhabited Aerial Vehicles using Genetic Algorithms”, Computers & Operations Research, Vol. 33, No. 11, 2006, pp. 3252-3269.
- Shima, T. and Golan, O., “Head Pursuit Guidance”, AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 30, No. 5, 2007, pp. 1437-1444.
- Shaferman, V. and Shima, T., “Cooperative Multiple Model Adaptive Guidance for an Aircraft Defending Missile”, AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 33, No. 6, 2010, pp. 1801-1813.
- Sertac, K., Shima, T., and Frazzoli, E., “A Process Algebra Genetic Algorithm”, IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, Vol. 16, No. 4, 2012, pp. 489-503.
- Levy, M., Shima, T., and Gutman, S., “Linear Quadratic Integrated vs. Separated Autopilot-Guidance Design”, AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 36, No. 6, 2013, pp. 1722-1730.