Lady Davis 741
Israel, 1949. Married +5. B.Sc., Technion, 1974. M.Sc. Technion, 1977. Ph.D., DIC, Imperial College, London, U.K., 1981. At Technion since 1981. Professor since 2008.
Propulsion (turbo-jets, turbo shaft and ramjet engine), Gas (power) turbine, Pressurized fluidized bed combustion for gas turbine operation, Atomization of liquid fuels, Combustion of liquid sprays, Low NOx combustion, Optical diagnostics in fluid mechanics and combustion systems, Blood flow.
- M.J. Melo, J.M.M. Sousa, M. Costa and Y. Levy, “Experimental Investigation of a Novel Combustor Model for Gas Turbines”, J. of Propulsion and Power, Vol 25 No. 3, 609 – 617 May – June 2009
- Y.Levy, V.Sherbaum, V.Erenburg, “ Effect of the Recirculating Gases on the MILD Combustion Regime” J. Turbo & Jet-Engines., Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 9-18, 2009
- M. J. Melo, J. M. M. Sousa, M. Costa and Y. Levy, “Flow and Combustion Characteristics of a Low-NOx Combustor Model for Gas Turbines” ”, J. of Propulsion and Power,Vol. 27, No. 6, November–December 2011
- L. Rosentsvit, Y. Levy, V. Erenburg, V. Sherbaum, V. Ovcharenko, “”Extension of the Combustion Stability Range in Dry Low NOX Lean Premixed Gas Turbine Combustor Using a Fuel Rich Annular Pilot Burner” accepted for publication in Journal: J. Eng. Gas Turbines Power, MAY 2014, Vol. 136 / 051509-1
- Y., Levy, J. Pismenny, H. Schrapp, U. Stark and H. Saathoff, “Pressure Field at the Tip of Rotor Blades Before and During Rotating Stall”, presented at the 7th European Conference on Turbomachinery, Fluid Dynamics and Thermodynamics, March 5-9 2007, Athens, Greece
- Y. Levy, A. G. Rao, V. Erenburg, V. Sherbaum, I.Gaissinski, V. Krapp,”Pressure losses for jet array impingement with crossflow”, ASME Turbo Expo, GT2012-68386 Proceedings of the ASME Turbo Expo 2Copenhagen, Denmark June 11-15, 2012
- Y. Levy, F.C. Christo., I. Gaissinski, V. Erenburg, V. Sherbaum , “Design and Performance Analysis of a Gas Turbine Flameless Combustor Using CFD Simulations”, ASME Turbo Expo, GT2012- GT2012-68761 Proceedings of the ASME Turbo Expo 2Copenhagen, Denmark June 11-15, 2012