The Aerospace Engineering Industrial Affiliates Program (AE IAP) was developed to strengthen and formalize the relationship between the Faculty and Industry.
This relationship works for the benefit of both sides by enabling the Faculty to be more exposed and more attuned to market needs, up to date with companies’ R&D activities, and assists the Faculty in promoting academic research projects. At the same time, IAP members gain access to the Faculty’s activities, its human capital – faculty members and students, and can be exposed to relevant research achievements that may assist in the development of new products or in upgrading existing products.
For companies that join the IAP, the Faculty offers a broad benefits package which includes components from the fields of Research & Development, Education & Teaching, Human Resources & Employment, and Public Relations & Marketing.
Benefits package components listed below are the fundamental platform for collaboration between the Faculty and the companies in the program. The companies are more than welcome to present new initiatives to enrich the relationship, according to the specific needs relevant to them.
Research & Development
- Option for joint research between industry and academia.
- Confidential and reliable channel to interact with Faculty researchers.
- Assistance in finding relevant research partners for joint participation in funded research projects (Chief Scientist, IMOD, European Community).
- Option for joint supervision of graduate students.
- Option to conduct R&D projects in the “Design Project” and “Research Project” courses.
- Invitation to participate in the Faculty’s annual “Research Day”.
- Invitation to attend in weekly Faculty seminars, as lecturers and listeners.
- Option to have meetings with our researchers and to bring up acute engineering problems.
- Option to include articles concerning R&D activities of the company in the Faculty newsletter.
- Benefits on execution of company projects in Faculty labs.
Education & Teaching
- Option to propose topics and candidacy for supervision of undergraduate student projects.
- Option for company’s employees to attend faculty courses, free of charge, without academic credit (advanced registration required).
- Option to offer guest lectures by company personnel as part of Faculty courses, coordinated with the course lecturers.
- Option to offer mini-courses and extracurricular lectures on the technological topics the company specializes in.
Human resources & Employment
- Option to hold an exclusive Student Recruiting Day.
- Advertisement of job openings on the “Industry Relations” page on the Faculty website, Faculty’s billboards, via social networks of Faculty’s alumni, and via direct emailing to all students & alumni.
Public Relations & Marketing
- Company name & logo will appear on the IAP page on the Faculty website.
- Option to advertise company activities on Faculty’s billboards, via social networks of Faculty’s alumni and via direct emailing to all staff members & students.
- Guided Tours: Option for students to have a guided tour at the company’s facilities.
- Option to sponsor conferences, ceremonies, scholarships, competitions and projects.
- Option to advertise in the Faculty newsletter which is distributed to our graduates, industry seniors and Faculty staff & students.
We look forward to collaborating with you!
To contact us, click here.