Prof. Jacob (Yaacov) Cohen
1980 B.Sc. Tel Aviv University
1982 M.Sc. Tel Aviv University
1986 Ph.D. University of Arizona
1986-1988 Bantrell Postdoctoral Fellow, MIT
1988-1989 Lady Davis Post-Doctoral Fellow Technion
Since 1989 Faculty member at Technion
2015-2017 Dean of the faculty of Aerospace Engineering
Head of the Technion Wind-Tunnel Complex
Holder of the Sydney Goldstein Chair in Aeronautical Engineering
Experimental, theoretical and numerical study of laminar-turbulent transition, study of the evolution and control of coherent structures in wall bounded and free shear flows, hydrodynamic and thermal instabilities and unsteady phenomena.
- Cohen, J., Wygnanski, I., “The Evolution of Instabilities in the Axisymmetric Jet, Part I: The Linear Growth of Disturbances near the Nozzle”, J. Fluid, Mech., Vol. 176, 1987, pp. 191-219.
- Cohen, J., Wygnanski, I., “The Evolution of Instabilities in the Axisymmetric Jet, Part II: The Flow Resulting from the Interaction Between Two Waves”, J. Fluid Mech., Vol. 176, 1987, pp. 221-235.
- Cohen, J., Breuer, K., Haritonidis, H.J., “On the Evolution of a Wave-Packet in a Laminar Boundary Layer”, J. Fluid Mech., Vol. 225, 1991, pp. 575-606.
- Cohen, J., “The Initial Evolution of a Wave-Packet in a Laminar Boundary Layer”, Phys. Fluids, 6 (3), 1994, pp. 1133-1143.
- Suponitsky, V., Cohen, J. and Bar-Yoseph, P., “The Generation of Streaks and Hairpin Vortices from a Localized Vortex Embedded in Unbounded Uniform Shear Flow”, J. Fluid Mech., Vol. 535, 2005, pp. 65-100.
- Svizher, A. and Cohen, J., “HPIV Measurements of Hairpin Vortices in a Subcritical Air Channel Flow”, Phys Fluids, Vol. 18, 014105, 2006 (14 pages).
- Mourtazin, D. and Cohen, J., “The Effect of Buoyancy on Vortex Breakdown in a Swirling Jet “, J. Fluid Mech., Vol. 571, 2007, pp. 177-189.
- Ben-Dov, G and Cohen, J., “On the ‘Critical’ Reynolds Number for ‘Natural’ Transition to Turbulence in Pipe Flows”, Physical Review Letters, Vol. 98, 064503, (February) 2007.
- Phillip, J., Svizher, A and Cohen, J., “Scaling Law for Subcritical Transition in Plane Poiseuille Flow”, Physical Review Letters, Vol. 98, 154502, (April) 2007.
- Cohen, J., Karp, M. and Mehta, V., “A minimal flow-elements model for the generation of packets of hairpin vortices in shear flows“, J. Fluid Mech., Vol. 747, 2014, pp. 30-43.
- Karp, M., and Cohen, J., “Tracking stages of transition in Couette Flow analytically“, J. Fluid Mech., Vol. 748, 2014, pp. 896-931.
- Karp, M., and Cohen, J., “On the secondary instabilities of transient growth in Couette Flow”, J. Fluid Mech., Vol. 813, 2017, pp. 528-557
- Das, S., and Cohen, J., “Reducing pressure Oscillations and noise by change in rear face geometries at subsonic and transonic speeds”, AIAA J., 2017, Vol.55: 4401-4411, 10.2514/1.J055895
- Sahoo, D., Karthick, S. K., Das, S., and Cohen, J., “Parametric Experimental Studies on Supersonic Flow Unsteadiness over a Hemispherical Spiked Body”, AIAA J., 2020, Vol. 58(8): 3446-3463.