B.Sc. (summa cum laude) and M.Sc., both in Aeronautical Engineering, Technion, 1981 and 1983. Ph.D. in Aeronautics and Astronautics, Stanford University, California, USA, 1990. Lady Davis Post-Doctoral Fellow at the Technion, 1990. At the Technion since 1991. Visiting Research Scholar, School of Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, USA, 2000-2001. Visiting Associate Professor and Research Engineer, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA, 2007-2009. Associate Fellow, AIAA.
- Estimation and Control of Systems with Non Gaussian Noises
- Innovative Future Air Traffic Control Concepts
- Robust and Adaptive Flight Control Systems and Applications
- A. Koren, M. Idan, and O.M. Golan, “Integrated Sliding Mode Guidance and Control for Missile with On-Off Actuators”. AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control and Dynamics, Vol. 31, No. 1, January-February, 2008, pp. 204-214.
- M. Idan and J.L. Speyer, “Cauchy Estimation for Linear Scalar Systems”, IEEE Transaction on Automatic Control, Vol. 55, No. 6, June 2010, pp. 1329-1342.
- M. Idan, G. Iosilevskii, and L. Ben-Yishay, “Efficient Air Traffic Conflict Resolution by Minimizing the Number of Affected Aircraft”. International Journal of Adaptive Control and Signal Processing. Special Issue: Air Traffic Management: Challenges and Opportunities for Advanced Control, Vol. 24, No. 10, October 2010, pp. 867-881.
- A. Michelin, M. Idan, and J.L. Speyer, “Merging of Air Traffic Flows”. AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control and Dynamics, Vol. 34, No. 1, January-February, 2011, pp. 13–28.
- A. Zhurbal and M. Idan, “Effect of Estimation on the Performance of an Integrated Missile Guidance and Control System”. IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 47, No. 4, October, 2011, pp. 2690–2708.
- M. Idan and J.L. Speyer, “State Estimation for Linear Scalar Dynamic Systems with Additive Cauchy Noises: Characteristic Function Approach”. SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, Vol. 50, No. 4, July-August, 2012.