B.Sc., MA, and Ph.D., all in Aerospace Engineering, Technion (1992, 1998, and 2001, respectively). MBA, Tel-Aviv University (1997). Research/System Engineer, Air-to-Air Directorate, RAFAEL, 2000-2004. National Research Council Research Associate at the US Air Force Research Labs, Wright-Patterson AFB, 2004-2006. At the Technion since 2006.
Director and founder of the Cooperative Autonomous SYstems (CASY) Lab.
My research interests are in the area of guidance of vehicles, in particular missiles and unmanned aircraft, operating individually or as a team. Specific interests are:
- 1-on-1 guidance (intercept angle guidance, one & two-sided pursuit-evasion, guidance amidst obstacles)
- Cooperative guidance (3-body pursuit-evasion, n-on-1 guidance)
- Guidance integrated with task assignment, autopilot, and estimation
Head of the Cooperative Autonomous SYstems (CASY) laboratory.
- Shima, T., “Capture Conditions in a Pursuit-Evasion Game between Players with Biproper Dynamics”, Journal of Optimization: Theory and Applications, Vol. 126, No. 3, 2005, pp. 503-528.
- Shima, T., Rasmussen, S., Sparks, A., and Passino, K. M., “Multiple Task Assignments for Cooperating Uninhabited Aerial Vehicles using Genetic Algorithms”, Computers & Operations Research, Vol. 33, No. 11, 2006, pp. 3252-3269.
- Shima, T. and Golan, O., “Head Pursuit Guidance”, AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 30, No. 5, 2007, pp. 1437-1444.
- Shaferman, V. and Shima, T., “Cooperative Multiple Model Adaptive Guidance for an Aircraft Defending Missile”, AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 33, No. 6, 2010, pp. 1801-1813.
- Shima, T., “Intercept-Angle Guidance”, AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 34, No. 2, 2011, pp. 484-492.
- Levy, M., Shima, T., and Gutman, S., “Linear Quadratic Integrated vs. Separated Autopilot-Guidance Design”, AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 36, No. 6, 2013, pp. 1722-1730.